Tuesday 26 January 2016

Review- Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Superion

At the point of writing this entry, I am pretty sure it is the last Transformers Combiner Wars set I am getting. For now. The prices of the "Mayhem Attack Squad" and "Dawn Of The Predacus" are going to be exorbitant, way beyond what I would pay. I can't say the same for UW 06 Grand Galvatron though. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. 

Anyway, the Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Superion set was also priced at about SGD $60 and I got it together with the G2 Menasor set from the same seller at Taobao. It was promptly shipped together with free domestic shipping to my mail forwarder address and arrived well-packed which prevented it from being damaged. At this point, I need to make it known that I do not get everything from Taobao. IF I want something that is unavailable in Singapore, I go to the website to check for availability. Exclusive variants are not uncommon. Test shots and prototypes are not rare. BUT, if you are a collector who collects toy packaging, or mint boxes, PLEASE avoid the site as your boxes bound to get damaged. Most sellers would remove the toys from packaging to help you save on shipping costs.

I need to highlight that because this is the third release of the same mold, I am not going to say very much of them. Enjoy the pictures! :)

Powerglide

 

Powerglide Vehicle Mode

 

Powerglide Robot Mode

 

Silverbolt

Silverbolt Vehicle Mode      

Silverbolt Robot Mode

Sky Dive

Sky Dive Vehicle Mode

 

Sky Dive Robot Mode

 

Air Raid

 

Air Raid Vehicle Mode

 

Air Raid Robot Mode

Fireflight

 

Fireflight Vehicle Mode

 

Fireflight Robot Mode

Slingshot

 

Slingshot Vehicle Mode

 

Slingshot Robot Mode

 

Superion

 

Superion!  

I am assuming you have read my review on Combiner Wars G2 Menasor. If not, I will repeat it again. I love the blue and red! Period. Seriously, I think the colours on G2 Superion is way less gaudy than G2 Menasor. I can actually visualise these planes as competitive stunt planes converted from military planes. I did struggle to make sure I had their names right though. That was the only tedious thing in looking at this set. Otherwise, I really do enjoy this mold as the transformation is extremely intuitive and relatively stable for posing in combiner mode. Even without the upgrade, I can safely say I love this mold more as I interact it again for the second time. Most of the collectors who owned the original G2 Superion would probably want to get this set for memory sake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment