Tuesday 28 June 2016

Updates!- 28/06/2016

This month has been a pretty busy month as my little girl is on school holiday. Like most parents in Singapore, you make the best of the school holiday to spend more time with your child during this period before going back to the hustle and bustle of routines. I was also tied up with hosting guests from overseas which meant less time for the hobby of collecting, reviewing or taking pictures of toys.  

If you are reading this or following me on Instagram, you will notice a shift in the subjects of the pictures. Yes, that's right! Lego! Before I go any further, I just want to make it clear that I am NOT abandoning Transformers! In fact, like other Transformers fans, we are eager for Titans Return! Having reviewed the prototype/test shot and actual product of Blaster earlier, my anticipation level is sky high. Like my rants earlier, I am running out of space at my home and the 3rd party releases are really not my thing.  Anyway, before I go way off topic again, here are some reasons why I am going into Lego even though I am late in the game:   

1. Minifigures are cute!
   
Disney Lego Minifigure Set

Yes, I know I started on my minifigures collection before this series but this has to be the strongest case for my point!    
 
2. Minifigures are easy to store and display!
   
Lego Minifigure Door Display
  
This is as space-saving as it gets for my toy display. My Transformers collection took up more space than this. And for the sake of my argument in case my wife reads this, we have received surprisingly awesome feedback from guests on this display. Hehe!   

3. Building Lego sets is therapeutic!
  
Ford Mustang

Here is a background to my history with building toys. I generally mess up when I have to build toys. I remember numerous projects when I was missing parts or the screwups with the stickers. I am also very bad with pictorial guides. Don't ask me why. I have no idea at all. But, I was pleasantly surprised that I had no such problem with Lego. In fact, I enjoy playing an episode of whatever show that I am following and work on a Lego build. Granted, the X-wing, Big Bang Theory set or even the Ford Mustang are simple, but I know it was a kind of a breakthrough from my fear of building toys.   

4. It is fun to use the minifigures and sets to tell stories!  

 
Captain America: Civil War

I am still learning the ropes on storytelling but I LOVE the works that I had come across so far on Instagram. I mean so long as you have the characters and bricks needed, the possibilities are endless.     

5. Connecting with a different fan base!  

 
Connecting with people!

I think one of the most enjoyable part of collecting toys is to connect with other toy collectors. It just make the collecting so much more fun and there is really so much to learn from one another.  If you are reading this, I would also enjoy chatting with you on toys! Comment below or follow me on Instagram! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment